It is crucial to have your roof inspected after a hurricane. A roof inspection is necessary even without external factors like storms and harsh weather. However, it is even more important before and after hurricane season particularly the latter. Hiring a professional roofing contractor to check for roof leak and any other types of damage is important. There are ways to tell whether your roof sustained any damage or not.
Here are ways on how you could check for roof leak and any other kinds of roof damage:
Despite the fact that it may be outside damage, there are results that can be seen inside your house. A clear indicator of storm roofing damage are as follows:
Dark areas or staining can show mold or algae growing in the presence of wetness. Many times this can be your roofing system revealing age. The mold or algae might be tidied up, however, a larger issue with your roofing system sealing may exist.
Light Revealing Through Roofing System
If you inspect your attic and can see light through any of your roofing, this is a sure indication to have your roof inspected by a roofing professional. A hole in the roof will indicate that there’s a roof leak Florence, SC and it needs to be inspected and repaired. Though it is just an examination, doing it might conserve a substantial quantity of time and more damage to your house.
Drooping Roof Decking
If you see the decking of your roofing drooping or contorting in your attic, this might show the decking has accumulated some water damage. In many cases, you will have to change the decking that has actually drooped and deformed to restore your roofing system. Be sure to have a professional roof inspection carried out.
Indications of storm roofing system damage from the outside
To the inexperienced eye, some damage to a roofing system might get neglected if it is not inspected carefully. If you will be the one conducting the roof inspection, use the ladders carefully.
- Examine your roofing system for any missing shingles. Likewise look carefully to see if any shingles are split, torn, or missing. These are indications of damage to your roofing.
- Take a look at all the parts of the roofing for excess wear consisting of vents, pipelines, and chimneys (if appropriate). If you have other penetrations to your roofing ensure that they are checked for any excess wear.
- When storms strike the force of the hail will usually leave proof of damage. The proof of damaged shingles can often be discovered in your seamless gutters and downspouts. If you see shingle granules, which appear like damaged pieces of the shingles, then call Florence Roofing Experts
- If you see areas of wetness that have rot or mold growing, this might be an indication of roof damage.
- Search for any damage to your seamless gutters or downspouts. If they are obstructed or blocked this can impact the draining pipes of your roofing system and trigger damage gradually. Ensure your seamless gutters and downspouts are not harmed and are working effectively.
If you need a reliable roofing contractor to inspect your roof after a hurricane, Florence Roofing Experts is here to take your call. You may reach us at (843) 212-7825.
Florence Roofing Experts
Florence, SC 29501