Roofs, in general, can last a few decades before you would need a replacement. Longevity is an important factor to consider since getting a new roof can be quite an investment. What you first need to do is determine whether or not a roof replacement is needed. Sometimes you can simply get away with repairs and extend the lifespan of your roof, buying yourself a bit time in the process. So what are the best roofing materials to choose from?
Here are the top materials to pick from when getting a new roof:
- Solar tiles – with today’s technology, any homeowner who has enough financial capacity can have solar tiles installed. These aren’t your everyday roof shingles. These tiles serve as protection against the elements and a source of green energy, making your home less reliant on power from the grid. Be prepared for the cost, though, as solar tiles can get quite expensive.
- Asphalt shingles – asphalt tiles won’t grow out of design. It is a standard roof covering product that is preferred for its household as well as homey appearance. Most contractors like Florence Roofing Experts often recommend this type of material for its value. In case you understand exactly how to choose a roof that is durable, stylish, and also cost-efficient after that asphalt tile roofing must get on top of your checklist. Asphalt shingles cost around $6 per square foot that makes them among one of the most sensible and also economical choice when getting a new roof Florence. Yet, there is one drawback and that is the fact that a number of homes in Florence use this type of roof product, consequently, making your appearance typical.
- Clay tiles – clay tiles are pricier than asphalt tile tiles. However, the cost is well worth it since the product is durable as well as visually pleasing. In the past, masons make use of clay ceramic tiles in manors and castles. Today, these old frameworks still stand firm as well as look extremely great. This states a great deal about the characteristics of clay tiles. It is safe to think that the clay tiles used today are a lot more long-lasting than the ones made in the past. Its lifespan can last as much as 70 years, especially with appropriate treatment and maintenance.
- Slate roofing – masons utilize slate floor tiles as a substitute for clay tiles. In the past, slate stones were available anywhere. As a result of their level cuts that resemble a sheet, they call for minimal handling when made use of as a roofing product. These days, producers try to find slate tiles and afterward process them to improve their resilience and allure. After that, they establish slate floor tiles with enhanced long life and longevity. Slate tiles are recognized to last for as much as 5 to 7 years with routine maintenance. However, they are a bit expensive. On the other hand, they are so durable you rarely need to have roof repair done.
- Metal roofing – apart from floor tiles as well as shingles, household house owners additionally prefer steel roof coverings due to its resilience. They do not wear away quickly and also can stand up to hailstorms. Its durability makes it perfect for roof replacement especially in areas vulnerable to rough weather.
- Concrete tiles – this new roofing option is more expensive due to the fact that they need a lot of equipment and also enormous labor. Besides that, you will certainly need to spend on the material as well as its style. This kind of roof is the sturdiest roofing product without a doubt, today. It can last for greater than seventy years.
Call Florence Roofing Experts if you need professional help in inspecting, repairing, or installing a new roof.
Florence Roofing Experts
Florence, SC 29501