Those small leaks on your roof could be the start of a major roofing catastrophe. While you can always count on a roofer to do a good job at fixing the repairs, it’s not always the best option. What you should be focusing on is keeping roof problems at bay. A roof inspection is the most sensible thing to do. A lot of homeowners tend to overlook the importance of a roof inspection since it is somewhat deemed unnecessary. However, roof inspections are important and cost far less than repairs would.
Why is it necessary to have a roof inspection?
Basically, there are three reasons why you should get a roof inspection Florence, SC which are:
- To do a thorough assessment and see if there is any need for roof repair.
- The inspection will also allow the roofer to estimate the remaining lifespan of the roof.
- After the inspection is completed, the roofing contractor will provide a certificate of inspection.
Whether you are buying a home or selling your property, a roof inspection will come in handy. If you are looking for a house, the home inspector won’t necessarily do a thorough roof inspection. You will have to schedule your own roof inspection before you decide on purchasing the house.
If you are putting your house on the market, a certificate of inspection will be one of the key selling points of the property. Potential buyers simply love it when the house they like is in top condition.
You might think that a roof inspection is easy. However, it is not a task for the average person. Roof inspections require skill, knowledge, and the right tools. Safety is important in any kind of roofing task including roof repairs, inspection, and upgrades.
When should you have your roof inspected?
In general, there are four occasions when you should have your roof inspected.
- After a new roof has been installed. This is to ensure that the installation is done accordingly and complies with the local building code.
- After a major storm to check if the roof has sustained any kind of damage.
- When you are planning to sell your current home or when buying a property.
- A roof inspection is a part of regular preventive maintenance.
What will the roofer look for?
When Florence Roofing Experts does a roof inspection, there will be a number of focus points. The roofer will check the following:
- The roofing material – the roofer will check for wear and signs of damage.
- The exterior structure – during the inspection the roofer will check if there is any damage to the roof’s outer structure.
- Roof interior – the attic will be inspected along with the inner structure of the roof.
- The ceiling under the attic – this is a vital area since it will be directly under the roof. The roofers will check for dampness or any signs that the roof is leaking.
If you want to have your roof inspected, you can call on Florence Roofing Experts. You may reach us at (843) 212-7825.
Florence Roofing Experts
Florence, SC 29501