It’s not quite often that you would need a roof repair or replacement and hire a professional roofing contractor. However, in case you’re in need of repairs on your roof or a thorough inspection, you will need a professional to do it for you. Your roof is one of those places that isn’t DIY-friendly. It’s not advised to grab a ladder and start inspecting your roof for damages either. Falling down from 10-20 feet will cause serious injuries and can even be fatal. That’s why it’s best to leave roof repairs and other tasks to the professionals. Here are some tips that you might find useful when looking for a local roofing contractor.
How to find a reliable roofing contractor near you
- Hire a contractor that has a local address – there’s no point in hiring a roofing contractor from another town. It’s best to hire a local roofing contractor in Florence to make sure the job gets done fast. Also, it would be easier to get in touch with the contractor in case there’s a problem in the future. It’s a win-win for both parties and you would be helping the local community as well.
- Ask for proof of insurance – the last thing you would want is to hire a roofer that does not have insurance. If the roofer claims to have an insurance policy all set up, ask them for proof. It’s not enough to settle with a verbal confirmation. You should be able to get a copy of the insurance they have if they have a legit policy on hand.
- Check if they have a license – It might be possible that you know some people working as small-time contractors that don’t have a license. It’s not that their job isn’t any good but you would need all the assurance that you can get. It’s best if you would only hire a professional and licensed roofing contractor for your new roof.
- Ask about their experience in the industry – most roofing companies that are available locally have been in the business for quite a number of years. However, there are some new ones every now and then. It would be best to hire a roofer that has a substantial amount of years in the trade to ensure that you are working with people who know their craft.
- Ask for references – to know the quality of service that the roofer offers, ask for references or past clients. It’s great to hear the side of actual customers and get information on how good or bad the service they received was.
- Be sure you get a warranty – you can’t be sure that everything goes as planned. Sometimes, things just suddenly break down or problems spring up for no apparent reason. It would be great to have a warranty in writing to ensure that you will get any problems fixed at no extra charge.
- Ask about customer support – it’s normal for customers to complain. However, it’s up to the contractor to handle it professionally. Ask them how they operate their customer support. A good customer support system ensures customer satisfaction like the ones Florence Roofing Experts have in place.
Call Florence Roofing Experts if you need professional help in inspecting, repairing, or installing a new roof.
Florence Roofing Experts
2117-B W. Palmetto Street #103
Florence, SC 29501